Job Title: Test Lead @ Chevron
Location: San Ramon, California
Rate:$52/hr on c2c
Please find below a new request received (end client is Chevron)
Start date: 06/01/2017
End Date: 05/31/2018
Work Location: San Ramon, CA (a small amount of travel to vendors maybe required )
Client is looking for an experienced Test Lead to plan and lead testing on projects to enhance its U.S.-based Point of Sales (POS) systems.
Test Lead Responsibilities:
1. Developing and implementing the Test Strategy. The Test Strategy needs to be collaboratively developed with vendors, Client’s development teams, Client’s test teams, and bank certification representatives. The whole testing life cycle is to be optimized to deliver high-quality, certified systems efficiently. The Test Strategy is to define…
o The test lifecycle across test phases and across Client’s and vendor teams
o QA roles and responsibilities – Client’s and vendors’
o Entrance and exit criteria for test phases
o Test case prioritization process to balance schedule constraints with business risk assessment
o Defect management process, tools, prioritization, reporting, and responsibilities
2. Identifying and coordinating test environments within the project and with other teams also competing for the environments
3. Ensuring effective development, review, and approval of test cases
4. Ensuring development of quality end-to-end test scenarios and test cases
5. Defining and managing the defect management process, including assessment and communication of defect severity and priority
6. Scheduling of releases of new functionality and code fixes to support test cycles and schedules
7. Status reporting of testing activities, defects, and defect management
8. Working with the project manager to plan and manage QA-related tasks and resources
9. Working with the project manager to manage our vendors
10. Acting as the primary liaison between the project and the vendors in relationship to QA activities and testing
11. Advising project manager and executive leadership on system readiness for UAT, certification-testing, and deployment
12. Ensuring all aspects of testing are efficient and effective, especially across test teams and test phases
· Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal/people skills.
· Adaptable leadership style; Strong team-player and a flexible, proactive team member.
· Ability to lead/facilitate teams of diverse individuals with varying priorities and interests to a common goal.
· Must have excellent communication skills - listening skills are especially important.
· At least two years of prior IT-testing leadership experience across the full lifecycle, plus five plus years of IT experience in various projects.
· Strong understanding with QA methodologies and processes.
· More than 10 team members and vendor staff in QA roles or directly involved in the testing process. Most in San Ramon, CA; vendors will be at various other locations in the U.S. One testing team may be in India.
· Typically engages with project manager, business analysts, testers, technical leads, developers, architects, and vendor teams.
· (>6) # interfaces to other systems.
The Test Lead position requires project planning, scheduling, monitoring, reporting, and implementing QA activities in a project office environment. Including, but not limited to:
· Plans, directs, and coordinates a cross-functional team, including vendor activities, to manage and implement project’s QA activities from start of development (Phase 3) to final operational stage (Phase 5).
· Facilitates status review meetings among project team members and clients.
· Leads development of the Test Strategy with POS SME, BAs, Architects, technology leads, and vendors.
· With project manager, plans resources and tasks and manages QA team through Phase 3 Design and Phase 4 Implementation.
· Reviews vendors’ test plans, executions, and testing progress. Coordinates Client’s resources to support vendor testing, such as vendor testing against Client’s host systems.
· Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring progress of testing activities and defect management.
· Establishes appropriate metrics and processes for assessing project and business risks associated with defects and with any test cases and regression testing that may not be run due to schedule, cost, or resource constraints.
· Reports status of QA activities and results
· College Degree (preferred)
· 3+ Years’ experience in Information Technology Quality Assurance (critical)
· Leading a team in developing and implementing a Test Strategy (critical)
· Efficiently planning and coordinating QA activities across the full system development lifecycle where:
o Transactions cross multiple, separate applications. (critical)
o Applications are developed and application-tested separately by vendors, project team members, and external agencies. (preferred)
· Working with financial institutions in certification testing of financial transactions (nice to have)
· Client’s or Client’s America Products Experience, particularly with service station operations (preferred)
· Experience with Point of Sale systems (nice to have)
· Strong knowledge and proven experience in IT Quality Assurance methodologies and tools (critical)
· Solid reputation in IT Quality Assurance (critical)
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills (critical)
· Very strong people skills and impeccable communication skills (critical)
· Drives for results, strong collaboration, influencing, and negotiation skills (critical)
· Team Management and Team Building (preferred)
· Working knowledge of QA activities and methods in:
o Waterfall development environment (critical)
o Agile development environment (preferred)
· Effective vendor management skills (preferred)
· Strong in generating buy-in and alignment, especially with in situations with conflicting schedules and priorities (critical)
· Strong experience working with technical and business stakeholders to drive decisions on priorities, resources, and risk analysis (preferred)
Solid reputation in Client’s America Products (preferred)